Why is this a priority?
Encouraging social and emotional well being is key to improving quality of life for those nearing the end of life.
What we’ve done so far:
- Run a range of diversional activities such as expressive art, therapeutic craft and gardening
- Run day therapy sessions where patients meet others in the same situation to help and support one another
- Provided a limited number of trained counsellors and established a trained team to identify and address these issues with patients and their families
Campaign Hospice Reach will enable us to:
- Furnish and equip the new Well Being clinic, chapel and family rooms in the new Hospice
- Develop the range of therapeutic services for day patients
- Improve practical and emotional support available carers
- Strengthen and extend our counselling and bereavement provision
Find out here how we helped Yvonne