Why is this a priority?
With an aging population and increasing frailty and social isolation we cannot meet the needs of the dying alone.
What we’ve done so far:
- Our local community have expressed tremendous compassion in the financial and voluntary support given over 28 years
- Bereavement support, day therapy companions, chaplaincy volunteers and ward help is all provided by trained volunteers
Campaign Hospice Reach will enable us to:
- Find new ways of harnessing compassion for the dying
- Enable us to study models of compassionate community being developed in other parts of the country and the world
- Enable us to train a team of befriending volunteers and extend other areas of voluntary provision
- Start to build a network of compassionate community ambassadors
Find out more about our volunteers here and how they support our work
To find out more about how to become a volunteer, check out our main website