Why is this a priority?
There are an estimated 3000 people a year locally needing support as they near the end of their life – we currently support 1000 of them a year. This demand will only grow with a predicted 57% increase in those over 65 and with growth in referrals for those with a non cancer diagnosis.
What we’ve done so far:
- Been awarded planning permission and started to build a new Hospice with 20 ensuite bedrooms, superb facilities for families, a well-being clinic for day patients and an education and training centre
- Ensured that the new Hospice will not only double our capacity but also significantly improve our cost effectiveness
Campaign Hospice Reach will enable us to:
- Provide the required number of doctors and nurses needed to run 20 beds
- Allow us to fully furnish and equip the new Hospice
- Enable us to support 520 people with in-patient care each year
- Double the number of day therapy patients we can support each year
See a short film about the new St Wilfrid's Hospice here